Maintenance of StormTreat Systems is important to ensure that the system functions to its highest potential and continues to provide quality treatment throughout the lifespan of the system. To assure that our systems receive proper maintenance we have begun offering free maintenance inspections for the first year with every installation and providing assistance locating reliable local companies to assure maintenance requirements are met.
Maintenance visits should include the following steps:
1. Check the flow rate and adjust using the outlet control valve.
|2. Measure sediment depth inside the STS sediment chambers.
- Schedule a pump-out before sediment depth reaches 5-inches.
- A sediment pumping schedule can be estimated by projecting based upon sediment accumulation rates since the last measurement or since original installation.
- Sediment pumping is generally necessary about every 2-3 years.
- Pumping is generally carried out using a vacuum truck.
3. Observe plant conditions during growing season.
- Established plants should be trimmed back in order to maintain access to tank lids.
- Debris and weeds should be removed from wetland stone surface.
- Plants may require manual watering during the first growing season to aid root-zone establishment (weather dependent).
- During the plant establishment period the system's flow rate may be set lower to increase the frequency of root-zone wetting.
Download a PDF of Maintenance Procedures here.
Please contact us with any operation